Thursday, April 7, 2016

Making the call schedule

Dr. Brain can be a bit of a snob. Sometimes I play stupid just to irritate him.


Dr. Grumpy: "Okay, I'll take call the first weekend of the month, Dr. Cortex the second, and..."

Dr. Brain: "You'll have to put someone else on for the last weekend. My wife and I have tickets for Andrea Bocelli."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay, I'll put Dr. Nerve on there, so if you'll take the third weekend it should all work out."

Dr. Brain: "These are FRONT ROW tickets. I paid a fortune for them."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay, now for the following month..."

Dr. Brain: "Do you know how hard it was to get these tickets?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Um, no. Who's Andrea Bocelli?"

Dr. Brain: "A singer."

Dr. Grumpy: "I've never heard of her. Is she like Lady Gaga?"

Dr. Brain: "No! He's a man, and..."

Dr. Grumpy: "Was he the guy I saw who had a small stroke last summer? I think you said he played guitar at a coffee place?"

(pause)

Dr. Brain: "I'm available any weekend the following month."

9 comments:

Packer said...

High order passive aggressiveness played out by two skilled participants is truly a thing of beauty.

Ms. Donna said...

You are a bad, bad, bad co-worker. Hope Dr. Brain didn't have a stroke.

An second thought, I bet he was just playing along.

Dr. Brain said...

Hey, if I'm paying a shitload of money AND putting on an uncomfortable suit just so I can sit through a bunch of boring opera, I want to make fucking sure that people are impressed with how well-to-do and cultured I am!!! Why the fuck else would anyone put themselves through this???

Moose said...

I used to think there was a singer named Allison Chains.

Gracie's Mom said...

You have an evil side to you Dr. Grumpy, and I quite like that about you!

jen said...

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Mad Jack said...

What a hoot! Here's a hoist of the late afternoon bourbon glass to, Dr. Grumpy. You can come out drinking with us anytime.

Anonymous said...

You are awesome.

Tsunoba said...

Do you ever admit you're just messing with him, or do you let him continue believing you meant what you said?

 
Locations of visitors to this page