Monday, May 6, 2013

The Karate Octogenerian




Mr. Miyagi: "I need to get off Zuclox."

Dr. Grumpy: "What's wrong? You've been on Zuclox for almost 10 years without any problems."

Mr. Miyagi: "It's affecting my balance."

Dr. Grumpy: "Why do you say that?"

Mr. Miyagi: "I fell this weekend."

Dr. Grumpy: "What happened?"

Mr. Miyagi: "I was at the senior citizens dance, trying to meet some ladies. You see, back in 1946 I was stationed in Japan, and learned karate there. I was really good at it, too, and won a few tournaments. I haven't done it since I left the army though. Anyway, at the dance, some of the ladies and I were having drinks at the bar, and they were talking about those karate films, so I decided to show them my moves. I lost my balance and fell on my butt, and all those ladies started laughing at me. One of them laughed so hard her friend had to bring in her oxygen tank."

Dr. Grumpy: "I'm not sure Zuclox is why you fell."

Mr. Miyagi: "I looked it up. Balance problems are in the side effects."

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes, but you never had them with it before."

Mr. Miyagi: "Look, just tell me how to stop it. The next dance is in 2 weeks."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he was sure the drinks and old age had nothing to do with this, right?

arzt4empfaenger said...

All for the ladies...

Anonymous said...

Is he sure it wasn't the workings of the Cobra Kai dojo?

Moose said...

And we wonder why kids today fail to understand basic logic and science.

Sheesh.

Mad Jack said...

Tell him to stop drinking before he tries running a kata and see if that helps. If not, practice 'wax on, wax off' and 'hat on, hat off' 100 times per day.

Ms. Donna said...

May I send this to my black-belt son? He may have ideas. But, I suspect it will be on the order of ETOH (my abbv.) and karate do not mix. Ever.

stacey said...

You sure it wasn't Drunken Monkey style of Kung Fu that he meant? If so, everything went according plan...

ama said...

Time to tell him that an extra dose of B-6 fixes that "balance problem" in as little as 6 days! (or vit C, or D, or camomile tea, or some other mostly harmless substance)

Anonymous said...

At least he's out having fun and he didn't break anything. Everybody was Kung Fu falling.

 
Locations of visitors to this page